Thursday 12 December 2019

GENESIS FRAMEWORK 2.0.2 DOWNLOAD

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I then modified the following CSS code to change the site footer to my own design:. You are ready to either hire a web designer or design your own theme. I used FTP to upload my picture to the images subdirectory:. I named my child theme Olney Oaks you can name it whatever you want , and set up a directory for it as such:. genesis framework 2.0.2

Uploader: Kazrazilkree
Date Added: 25 June 2011
File Size: 60.23 Mb
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2003/7/8/10 MacOS 10/X
Downloads: 46345
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]





You can see in this image that I have already added a menu, which I will modify later, as framswork as a couple of bogus posts to make it easier to work with the website. As you can see, the original child theme comes with 3 footer widget areas that I filled with text.

Feel free to leave a comment if geneesis find any errors within the guide or if you just want to share what you think about it. I hope you enjoyed reading this tutorial on how to build your own Genesis child theme. I immediately installed the underConstruction plugin which you can get for free in the WordPress plugin repository. Remember you need to have the Genesis Framework uploaded in your list of themes, geesis the child theme will not work.

You can study the changes introduced in the CSS and make your own changes yourself to customize the menu. Of course, you could design your own WordPress theme from scratch just as developers do. Remember to always make a copy of style.

Version 2.0.2

You 2.00.2 find instructions on how to configure a logo in this page thanks Carrie Dils. There are several good frameworks out there, but in this project I am using the Genesis Framework.

genesis framework 2.0.2

Your email address will not be published. You can install WordPress anywhere you want, even in your own computer running a Windows or Apple operating system by using XAMPPbut if you have an old laptop or computer lying around gathering dust you could install Linux on it and use it as a test server as I detail in a previous article.

The height of the header needed to be adjusted to the height of my picture, so I modified the CSS class right below that code.

Showcase Pro Theme + Genesis Framework Download

In the Typographical Elements of the style. After you update the file and you refresh the homepage you will notice that the footer has changed. Learn how your comment data is processed. I was a research scientist in academia for many years and I have been playing with and designing websites for framewprk two decades.

Showcase Pro Theme 2.0.2 + Genesis Framework

This child theme does not have the ability to customize the header easily, so to do that I will have to modify the CSS code. You are ready to either hire a web designer or design your own theme.

To create a child theme in its most basic form, all you would need to do is to make a folder containing a CSS stylesheet, the style.

Of course, you can always go to the child theme you genedis and get the original style.

genesis framework 2.0.2

Here I am going to show you how to tinker around and build your own Genesis child theme using the Genesis Framework. I created this site to discuss and blog about all matters related to WordPress, the premier content management system.

Version |

I made a logo image for this project sized px X 87px and named it Frameworj. Then I changed this code in the style. This tutorial will not show you how to make your own logo picture, so you will have to figure that out yourself or wait until I write a tutorial about it. Generally, I tried to modify my child theme to look like this blog, Discussing WordPress. Of course, you can modify the HTML in that code to your own needs. This is what the website looked like:.

Luckily, there is a shortcut here too. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Therefore, unless you put some CSS in there your theme is going to look pretty blank. I downloaded the zip file of this starter child theme and using WinZip I framewrok the following: The only two mandatory fields here are the Theme Name, which tells WordPress the name of your child theme, and the Template, which in this case tells WordPress that the parent theme is Genesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment